Monday, October 17, 2011

Baking for a Cause!



If you follow me on Facebook you know that I had an extremely frustrating baking week with nothing to show for my efforts.  Over-baking, lumpy chocolate, cracked bottles of organic honey, AND my birthday this past Wednesday, became the perfect excuse for me to walk away from the kitchen for a bit.  Hey, it happens!  But, it's like anything else in life....you have to get over it and get back to work!   Besides, even when I'm not baking, it's really what I'm thinking about all the time.  Planning, plotting, finding inspiration everywhere I look, and generally missing my time with the oven.  Mini-vacation is over....let's get baking!

Now, as we are well aware, October is Breast Cancer Awareness month.  There are a host of events organized all over the country to celebrate survivors, support those who are currently fighting, and honor friends and loved ones who have succumbed to this disease.  As pink is the adopted color for Breast Cancer Awareness, I will focus all week on pink treats for you to bake and share with others to show support.  I'll kick things off tomorrow with pink baked donuts, a healthier alternative to the fried version.  See you then!


No comments:

Post a Comment